Request a Ride-Along
The Sheriff's Office offers a ride-along program for those 18 or older. To be considered for the program, an interested person must complete:
- the ride-along application
- a background check
Rules for a Ride-Along
Anyone authorized to ride-along will participate in a passenger/observer capacity only. Participants will not be permitted to:
- take part in any law enforcement action
- assist in conducting investigations
- perform any other law enforcement task or function
Participants are not permitted to:
- operate any patrol vehicle
- handle or possess firearms or other weapons
- use equipment issued by the Sheriff's Office
All participants will wear civilian clothing while participating in the ride-along program. Assignments are normally limited to uniform patrol units.
A ride-along application may be rejected. This occurs if participation does not serve the best interest of the Sheriff's Office. If interested in participating in this program, fill out the ride-along application completely. Return the application to the Records Division of the Sheriff's Office.