We are a County-run shelter and must follow County and NC Department of Agriculture rules. Therefore, we have some requirements that volunteers must meet.
Read over these requirements for volunteering at the Cabarrus County Animal Shelter.
1. Must be 18 years of age or older
2. Must have some experience handling/being around animals
3. Must not be allergic to animals
4. Must be aware that volunteering at the Animal Shelter is a physically demanding and emotionally challenging service
5. Must be aware that you may be handling/using potentially harmful/hazardous disinfectants, including bleach and other chemicals
6. Must sign a waiver and complete the volunteer orientation and training when scheduled
7. Must be able to comply with and follow the rules set by the Cabarrus County Animal Shelter and the NC Department of Agriculture
Volunteers can come to the shelter when scheduled, during the hours of 8:00 AM through 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday. The shelter does not yet have routine weekend hours for volunteers. However, the shelter does occasionally have events on the weekends and the help of volunteers is needed at those times.
If you feel that you would fit all these requirements, fill out the Volunteer Application. The application will help us get an idea of your experience level and areas of interest in volunteering at the shelter. Once we have received your application, we will then get in touch with you to schedule a meet and greet, the volunteer orientation, and training.
If you do not feel that you meet the requirements but would still like to help the animals in some way, please view our Amazon wish list. We can always use donations for the animals!
Thank you for your interest in helping the animals. We appreciate it!